August 26, 2004

We interrupt this show to bring you a commercial with 2 guys in sumo suits selling cellphones


I have not witnessed more horrible TV then the jargon they play down here. It's not just limited to their programs, but the commercials too! I have no real way of explaining it either, so now you all will just think I'm crazy. I may seriously have to tape some of these shows and commercials just to bring them back and let everyone else witness the craziness that is Oz TV.

They have their own version of everything. Australian Idol, Australian who wants to be a millionaire, Australian The Price is right. Australian rules football (which is actually like a more violent version of Rugby). It's scary. They even have their own version of Mad TV or SNL called sketch house. It would probably be funny if I understood what the jokes were about. I just laugh when the studio audience does.

The next big thing they have down here is Hungry Jacks. It's Burger King just with the name changed. Even the logo is the same. Apparently somewhere in the middle of nowhere there is a burger king and he got to keep his name while Burger King had to change theirs. Hence you get Hungry Jacks. I laugh whenever I see a commercial for it, and pretty much drew a crowd when I was laughing at the Hungry Jacks sign I saw on a street corner. I think they take their fast food seriously out here.

I'm starting to miss my party crew already. It's just not the same without being called up by someone to go play pool, go clubbing or even just to drink the night away. It's harsh. I've been sober for 48 hours. There should be no excuse for that. My older bro is supposed to take me drinking tonight, Oz style. We'll see if I can keep up.

I'm still suffering from major jet lag. I stayed up as late as I could last night to ensure I'd get up at a reasonable time today, which I did, but I'm still here falling asleep at the keyboard and it's only 6:30pm. Damn you international date line.

Today was an easy day. I slept, watched TV and when my brother got off of class we had some food and did his dishes. Now I'm here waiting for him to grab me so we can go to the campus bar. I figure I'll stay here another 2 or 3 days then book it to a hostel. other then that, I still don't have any plans for what I'm doing out here.

Still Plagued by thoughts of Crystal. Damn cute women and their long term affects on me. Worse then drinking or drugs.

Not much else to comment on for not much happened today for me to comment about. I'll make it more interesting in the days to come.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long time no see...uh talk...w/e

Sounds like craziness down there in the outback, when i ever see something wierd i think "dubya tee eff mayte" =P

Peace,
Moomba