Fat men bounce
The past week has been quite the experience.
I went to magnetic island for a day and went snorkeling along the great barrier reef. At that point I felt that it was the best thing I've done on my trip. I couldn't believe how cool the reef was. The rest of my time on Magnetic was spent laying around in paradise.
I only passed through Townsville and can't see how it could possibly be the capital of northern Queensland. It's too small.
On the way up to Cairns we stopped off at a crock farm and watched this guy feed crocodiles. He was about as crazy as Steve Irwin. This guy will sit on crocks and poke them with rakes while he feeds them. Crazy Ozzies.
When we got to Cairns our first stop before heading into the main city was the AJ Hackett bungee jump site. Now at first I wasn't going to do it due to lack of money. But a dutch girl, Barbra, told me that she'd jump if I jumped. Sure, I can't let a cute girl out do me on this one. So I got up and did it. I jumped and took the plunge in a small pond of water at the bottom. That soon became the best thing I've done on my trip. I remember after my first bounce up when I was coming down I looked at all the girls sitting on the patio area from my bus and had to be a bit cheesy and give them the wink and the gun and say "Hey ladies!" I got my applause and laughs for the day. It was all I asked for.
When we got to Cairns I got myself into a hostel and then everyone from the bus was headed over to a club called the woolshed. I spent my night trying to hit up a German girl named Nicole who was on my left, all the while I had an English girl on my right, Hana, who was hitting on me. I think my smoothness has come back. The evening was filled with lots of free drinks from our bus driver and then lots of dancing after much convincing from Hana.
I've spent the last few days just looking for a job and saving some money, until my parents threw me some money for my birthday. So last night instead of beans on toast (which I was eating for most of my journey cause of how cheap it is) I was able to make a proper meal of chicken, pasta with onions and mushrooms. I got so excited that I ended up making way too much and invited my buddy Tjeerd over to have supper at my hostel. Not a bad meal for only spending $10 on the food necessary which also fed two of us.
Now I play the waiting game. I shall wait for Marie to get here and see what she's going to do next, plus I have my birthday coming up soon. Hopefully it will be filled with many free drinks.
1 comments:
Just stopping by to wish you a happy birthday. Happy Birthday Moody! And now I better get back to work.
-Nicole
Post a Comment