Ho, Ho, Hoe
Merry Christmas to all. I hope the festive season is treating everyone well.
Christmas was quite a bit different then what I'm used to. First of all the lack of snow and abundance of sun was a change. It was also my first Christmas away from home. We ended up doing a secret Santa at the hostel between all the staff members (since most of the people staying here work for accommodation anyways). I was given a shirt that has a dog sniffing another dogs butt and it says "Do I know you?" Someone around here knows me too well I think. That's a sign that I've been here too long.
After supper my friends and I were tipped off about a house party that we figured we would go crash. Getting there became half the fun. First we were going to walk there with the crappy directions we were given. Once that fell through we hailed a cab and asked him to take us to the address. The driver looked back at us telling us there is no street name with the address we wanted. Ooooooh Man. He eventually did find it on the map after 10 minutes of looking at talking to his dispatch. Then he got us lost twice and had to pull a u-turn. In the end I refused to pay the fare that he asked for because of his horrible navigational skills with a map.
The house was cool, but the party was lacking. We only spent about 2 hours there before deciding that going into town would prove to be more fruitful. All the night clubs were opening up at midnight anyways so we would be just in time. We ended up going to a techno club til 5am where I was happy to deal with the drunken idiots who plague this city and insist that I'm jack Osbourne! I try to humour people on it, but one guy thought I took it as an offensive (come on, Jack Osbourne isn't good looking so I'm not going to take it as a compliment). My German friend Stef sits down beside me and starts chatting to me and the guy comes back and apologizes to me and then tells me I'm very handsome. (uh oh) He then goes on saying that I must be good looking to have a good looking girl like Stef as my woman. Whoa!! Now this is where I'd usually pipe up and correct the guy that she's just my friend, but Stef looked scared of him and I knew this guy (like every other guy in the place) would try to pick her up if they knew she wasn't taken. So i got to be the sit in boyfriend for the night to scare off the drunken jerks. if only it were a paying job.
Christmas seemed to turn out well for Adam back down in Melbourne as well. For the guy who went from no money, no job, no woman (hey this sounds familiar) he now has it all. His own place, a new job and he got laid just in time for Christmas. It's like something out of a Disney movie.....without the shag of course. So I'm happy for him. I'm still working on getting myself a quick dose of lovin' before leaving Cairns, otherwise I'm never coming back to the state Queensland again. Gonna go back to my happy place of Victoria or New South Wales.
We shall see how new years goes. Plenty of drunk girls at that time of the year. YAY!!!!
Happy Holidays
1 comments:
Hey Mikey!
Merry Christmas......may Santa....or rather Mrs. Clause treat you well!! *wink wink*
From Calgary
Post a Comment