Mein Fuhrer!
Happy New years to all.
New years eve was a blast! Ended up bar hopping for most of the night and when I went into the bar that I used to work at I got myself a load of free drinks for myself and my friends. That was probably my downfall and the reason I felt soooo sick. It took two days to fully recover and then I was back on the Piss (Beer).
I was even lucky to have the company of a beautiful Ozzy girl for most of the night (unfortunately not the important part of the night, but that's OK.) We started chatting just because she said how much she loves Canadian accents. After that I was trying to go for the kill. We had a real fun time though.
But I'm not here today to talk about New Years and my massive drinking problem. That's for my AA Meetings. Instead, I'm gonna rant on how the cosmos always find a way of making things right in the world.
For the past little bit my buddy Bjorn and I have been trying to hire a car and get some people to travel down south together and just have a good time and then go our separate ways in Sydney. Things were looking grim as we found that there are no rental cars left in Cairns..... NO RENTAL CARS!!! What the hell? This city gets worse everyday! In the end I decided I'd just buy a plane ticket and fly to Melbourne and continue on my way along the south of Australia and eventually get over to the west coast which is supposedly the coast of milk and honey.
So today as Bjorn and I were walking around town towards the travel agent we pass a small bistro (for the record I really don't like this bistro) and I saw a girl in there and I just happened to nudge Bjorn and say "She kind of looks like my ex-girlfriend, Freja" as we passed by I took another look and got a good side view only to see that it really was her. My knees got pretty weak at this point and Bjorn kept egging me on to go talk to her. Of course I was dead afraid of what she might say or maybe she'd just walk away.
I eventually did it though. I ran back, just tapped her on the shoulder and wished her a happy birthday (Her birthday being back on the 29th of Dec). To my surprise she didn't walk away, she didn't say anything mean to me. In fact we talked for an hour about what we had done the last 2 months and what we are going to be doing next. At the end of it all I apologized for whatever I had done to upset her in the first place and she said that we're all good now and that she'll keep in touch.
That's all I needed. And at least this time I was able to say goodbye to her. I decided that I should best avoid the topic of why she left me in the first place and just stick to the conversation that was working. I'm just so happy to know that she's okay, she's having fun and now she'll talk to me again. i feel like I can sleep better at night now.
The other day I was able to finally escape the grasp that Cairns had on me and I'm not back in Melbourne deciding on what it is I should do next. My two main options are to stay here and work for a month and then jet off to New Zealand when my other friends are going, or motor on over to Adelaide and just keep cruising the country from there. I'll stick around a few more days to figure out what idea I like best.
I was also able to meet up with Adam again when I got back, so I'm sure I'll be hanging out with him and his friends for the next little bit.
That about sums it all up. I left a warm tropical "paradise" to come back to a rainy and cold metropolis. I had a bit of Deja Vu when I was taking the Sky Bus shuttle from the airport into town, just like I did over 4 months ago when I first arrived, and thought about how much I had changed and matured since my first arrival. It was good to reflect.
0 comments:
Post a Comment