September 21, 2004

"We Germans aren't all Puppy Dogs and Rainbows"

The fun never stops down here. By 'fun' I mean good stuff and bad stuff.

I'm quite frustrated with young children these days. They walk slow and link their arms together and block off entire sections of the sidewalk. Thanks guys. I guess that's my only gripe. It's just annoying when you're running to get a train and you have a 'red rover' style line of people in your way and you can't get around them.

Last gripe then on to some good stuff. Both my brothers, Steve and Matt, have similar views on this action as I do. We all recently learned that my Aunt out here as Lou Gehrig's disease and her vocal chords are paralyzed now rendering her unable to speak. Now first off, my mum sent this to me in an email..... an EMAIL!! Jesus. She knows my phone number, this is something that is phone worthy. Steve put it best when he said "I'm afraid to come home drunk one night and open up my email to see it say dad was gunned down by mob members. Also, some magpies made a nest under the deck and the weather is still holding up. love mom" Leave it to my mom to be very subtle about stuff like that. Secondly, I feel pretty bad because I haven't gone out to New Castle to see my aunt and uncle yet and I guess I should have before all of this happened. I am for sure this week. Gonna give my uncle a call tomorrow and set up a time to visit.

Time for some happy stuff. I recently switched up hostels and went back to Kings Cross. Which is the single best move I've ever made. Luck just seems to be on my side in this upside down country. The night before I actually move up to the hostel (the same one my buddy Adam is staying at) I'm there with Adam and some of his buddies. We're waiting on a few of them to get changed so we can head up to a small Irish pub called "O' Mally's". Just before we leave a cute girl comes by and sits down in the small courtyard area and starts smoking. I can't help but ask her for a name and where she is from. Her name is Freja and she is from Germany. She knows a fair bit of English, but gets lost on larger words and slang words. Other then that she has the cutest accent. I can't resist to extend an invitation out to the pub with everyone else. She tells me it's her first day in Australia and could really use some company, so she agrees.

Up at the pub we scored some free drinks through another guy from Manchester (Those English guys I tell ya. They can get anything they want.) Just after getting a drink Adam and I see our good friend Elodie (I recently found out how to spell her name) from France. So we talk with her for a bit then I put all attention and effort in Freja. For the first bit things look great. Not only did I get her email address, but I got her phone number (a German number for now. She'll get an Australian one eventually) and her room number as well. Things couldn't get much better, could they? Well being the man whore that I am I get my tongue action in for the night (I'm a horrible person I think) and for the rest of the night at the pub it was a make out session. Not my first choice of places to have one, but it will do. Most memorable part of the evening was when the live music started, the big aboriginal guy was singing to classic songs like "lean on me", well he eventually comes to the song "my girl" and I don't take much notice since I'm still face pressed against Freja. About half way through the song, two drunk guys come up to me and Freja and start to Serenade us. They even change the words to "your girl" and would point at me. I was so embarrassed but I laughed it off as I noticed that entire section of the pub watching us. I thanked the guys afterwards and we had a good laugh about it. Adam eventually tells me to save his chair for him. He never came back. I figured everyone had left and not told me and Freja because we were a bit 'busy'. I end up walking Freja back to the hostel where she seems reluctant to let me go home. I seriously needed to go if I was going to catch the last train of the night, but she kept grabbing my arm and pulling me back for another kiss. Now you may think it's romantic and kind of cute (which it is) but not when I rely on this last train to get me home. Sure enough, I missed the last train. Taxi time for me. I take the taxi to the 24 hour Kebab place (perfect after drinking food. I'm addicted to them.) and walk home. Thus the end of Sunday night.

Monday morning I pack up all my stuff and move out to the Jolly Swagman in Kings Cross. I splurged a bit and decided to get a double room in case I could get some more action off of Freja (best decision ever). That afternoon I found Freja and she invited me to go out and show her around Sydney. I took her out to the botanical gardens and then to the Opera House. She was tired (already?) and wanted to sit down by the ocean front. She curled up and buried her head into my chest and looked like she was going to fall asleep. After a few minutes she looks up at me and kisses me. The next 10 minutes are going to go down as the most romantic 10 minutes of my life thus far. Or at least of my Australian adventure. What's more romantic then sitting outside the Opera House looking out at the ocean and harbour bridge while making out with a cute blond German girl? After I finally got her moving again we walked down to darling harbour and took the train back to Kings Cross. I'd been bugging her all day to teach me German and she said she'd give me a lesson when we got back to the room. I'm thinking, "sweet, hopefully she'll teach me some useful phrases like what Gidda taught me." Freja had other ideas instead. Adam told me to come back downstairs and then we'd go out to trivia night at the pubs. I didn't think I'd be too long so I said I'd be about 20 minutes. How wrong I was. Instead Freja and I had a 2 hour sex session (sorry for the mental images, I wont go into details.) Adam knocked on the door twice. The first time Freja told me not to answer it even though I knew what it was about. We both got dressed eventually and headed downstairs where I was greeted with grins and comments like "The infamous Mike" from some of Adams other friends. Nice to know that everyone knew what Freja and I were up to.

We went to trivia night and got our asses beat down. Freja and I turned in and went back to the hostel and hung out in Adams room with his roommate, Clement from France, and exchanged good music. Freja was tired (again!) and wanted to go to bed. Just before going to bed she got a phone call from home and she seemed pretty upset. She told me that she didn't know the English words to explain the problem and when she tried to I couldn't understand it anyways so we gave up. I told her to just go to bed. So she slept in my room cuddled up with me.

Today we got off to a late start. She wanted to go to the Aquarium, but I had some other stuff I needed to do today and told her that we'll meet up tonight back at the hostel. I think I may try to take her out for supper at a place called "Thai Power" that Steve told me about.

The next few days will probably be quiet ones for me. Laundry day tomorrow me thinks.

0 comments: