September 6, 2004

These are a few of my favourite things

At this point I believe it's natural to begin to miss certain things. The most obvious would be family and friends, but I won't go into that. I'm talking about being a bit more materialistic.

Laptop: Poor little guy. He's just gonna collect dust for the next little while.

Cellphone: My god how I miss my cellphone! I know it serves me no good out here except for the use of text messages, but I miss having it clipped to my belt and being able to look at it and see that I have voicemail or messages. It gave me that feeling of importance.

My Music Collection: I wasn't able to burn all my music before coming out here and now I'm really wishing I had an extra week to get the rest and even buy new stuff. CD prices out here are horrible. That still hasn't stopped me from buying them though.

TV: Even though I didn't watch much for TV back home, I think I just miss Canadian/US commercials. Oz commercials are starting to bug me. It's still unknown to me if they show 24 out here. For the sake of everyone I encounter they better air 24.

REAL Football: I can't figure out Aussie Rules Football for the life of me. I've resorted to Soccer and Cricket. Aashish should be proud of me for trying to figure that game out.

Hockey: The only hockey people know out here is field hockey. I have to make sure I say ICE hockey when I talk about the sport. I want to see the World Cup Hockey! Canada is doing so well from what I've read.

I can't say it's all bad though. Out here at Subway they have pineapple as a topping choice. I thought it was strange at first, but then tried it and I'm kind of dumbfounded as to why we haven't taken that up yet. If it's also true that out here the Asians from Japan bring all the crazy fads with them, then the next one to hit north America (if it hasn't already) is going to be video messaging on cellphones. I can't believe at how popular that is over here. Cellphone are also going to get bigger again instead of smaller. Who'd have thunk it?

0 comments: