January 15, 2005

The Age old question

I seem to have hit a nice little slump in my whorish ways. Not that I haven't been in one for the past few months, but now I'm at least putting some effort into it again now that my depression has lifted.

In one week, count'em 7 days, I have lost my chance with four girls..... four! that's almost a whole hand of fingers to count with. Yikes. How has it happened? Glad you asked....

Girl the first: One of my room mates was this cute English chick whom I had gotten into talking with quite a bit. One night I invited her out to come to Rock and Roll Wrestling in St. Kilda with Adam and all his friends (I'll get to rock and roll wrestling in a bit). She declined, but offered me a counter offer of joining her in the hostel bar for drinks that night instead. I told her that I'd try to meet up with her a bit later. Well I got so engaged with Rock and Roll Wrestling that I didn't end up getting back to the hostel til about midnight. I frantically searched the bar in hopes that I hadn't lost my chance with her. Well, knowing my string of luck you can guess what happened. Some other guys told me she met someone else and they had left at about 10pm. Crushed, I went to bed at about 2am and was awakened at 5am by this English girl fucking the guy she picked up at the bar. Oh the horrors. I got no sleep that night for she is a smidgen on the loud side when she gets excited. Thankfully, she moved out the next day.

Girl the Second: Another English girl. A few years older then me, but you wouldn't think that would be a problem? At least she told me it wasn't. I was actually telling her how older girls usually react differently to me once they find out how old I really am, hence I usually stick to people my own age or younger. She assured me that the age has nothing to do with anything and that I look older and act older so she's fine with it. I had spent 3 days getting to know her and on the last night she kept making references about how her dorm is pretty empty and I can come back up to her room after we were done drinking. I'm all cool and calm about it... just in my usual Mike way of course, until another guy that I was talking to earlier came into the picture.

Back story on other guy: Another English guy, the same age as the English girl. I was only talking to him cause the bartender saw us both sitting alone (which I was fine with because I was waiting for the English girl. I wasn't a loner.) and 'made' us talk to each other. The guys cool enough, but he didn't have to ruin my night.

Back to the story: So the English girl is all interested in who my new friend is and they end up talking the rest of the night and don't even bother to look at me until the English guy is nice enough to get me back in the conversation. Being a guy he asked me about my sexual encounters with the girls out here and which nationality I think is best, before I can answer the English girl is disgusted because she thinks I'm too young to be doing that sort of thing. Too young? After she told me that age doesn't make a difference at all? Well it turns out they both got really friendly in one of the women's shower stalls (says the English guy) about 15 minutes after I left. Woohoo! Go me. The English just aren't biting.

Girl the third: My own fault really. I was doing my laundry and reading one of my German books and I happened to notice this girl staring at me and smiling. So I do the polite thing and smile back and go back to reading. She ends up looking around a bit before smiling at me again and kind of cocking her head to side. I still don't pay much attention to it. She ends up leaving for a bit walks by about 10 minutes later still staring and smiling. OK, now I'm creeped out. But I assume I wouldn't have gotten creeped out if I had just talked to her the first time around when I noticed that she was cute instead of burying my head back into the German language. I still see her around, but like I say it's just a bit creepy now and no longer cute.

Girl the fourth: Just last night I pulled off some good old Canadian charm and ended up chatting to a girl from Norway. She joined me for a bit in the bar before she had gone back to her room to sleep. At about 1am she came back down to the bar after having a shower and getting all prettied up. I was actually kind of amazed at how stunning she was and in all honesty when she came up to me asked me if I remembered her I seriously didn't know who she was. I felt like such a knob for that one. So we talked a lot more and she kept giving off these signals with her moving closer to me on the couch and touching me. Well, what's a guy to do but respond in kind? I tried to touch her hand and she recoils. She didn't change facial expression or even stop talking, but it was apparent that she wants to touch me, but I'm not allowed to touch her. jeez.

That's not even all my failed attempts. Most of the time I just have the problem with too many "Pretty" guys coming over and stealing the girls that I'm talking with. My analogy for it was: I'm the fisherman out on the boat pulling in this great big net of fish, then some fucking ass pirate comes along, steals my fish and sinks my boat! Okay, it's a bit over the top, but still frustrating as hell.

Okay, Rock and Roll Wrestling! The coolest thing I have seen since my return to Melbourne. It's held in a dirty little bar all the way in the dirty side of town called St. Kilda. They have a hardcore rock and roll band play about half a set and then they do a few matches of WWE style wrestling. Oh it's so cheesy, plus how they all have their personas and little back stories. It really is a soap opera for men. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me at the time. That would've been some quality shots.

I'm off to try and beat this "Age" dilemma with a cardboard tube.

0 comments: